Porcelain VeneersAn Overview
Porcelain veneers can correct a range of cosmetic dental concerns creating a more beautiful and balanced smile. Made of ultra thin professional grade ceramic, porcelain veneers mimic natural teeth for a seamless result. Cosmetic dentist Dr. Georgia Haddad is highly trained and experienced in designing, fabricating and fitting porcelain veneers for the purpose of improving the aesthetics of patient’s smiles.
- Straighten minor crooked teeth
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Reshape misshapen or worn teeth
- Close gaps in teeth
- Whiten discolored teeth
Dental veneers are designed to be a permanent cosmetic dental restoration. An investment in the look and health of your smile, dental veneers can last for many years with proper oral hygiene. Regular dental cleanings and oral health exams twice a year can also help to maintain results for a lifetime of beautiful and healthy smiles.
Porcelain Veneers What to Expect
Dr. Haddad provides in-house cosmetic dental restorations for consistent and quality results. The dental veneer procedure will be completed over 2-3 visits to our Oxnard, CA cosmetic dentist office.
- Your first visit will include a comprehensive dental health exam to determine if dental veneers are the appropriate cosmetic treatment to address your dental concerns. Dr. Haddad will take the time to thoroughly examine your oral health and help you build a treatment plan that will meet your goals and ensure a stable oral foundation.
- Your second visit will be to prepare your teeth for the final dental veneer restoration. Dr. Haddad will remove an amount of tooth surface material to make room for the veneer. Once the teeth are prepared, Dr. Haddad will take molds of your teeth to ensure an accurate and natural fit. Depending on the case, you may be fitted with temporary dental veneers while your permanent restoration is fabricated.
- The following visit, your final dental veneers will be fitted, adjusted, color matched and permanently adhered to your teeth. Dr. Haddad will use a special bonding agent that create a lasting and durable hold. Your dental veneers will then be complete and you will be able to enjoy your new beautiful and healthy smile.
Porcelain veneers are highly stain and decay resistant and should last for many years. Like all dental restorations, porcelain veneers rely on healthy tooth, bone and gum structure for long-term success. Regular oral hygiene is essential for maintaining dental veneers.