Dr. Georgia Haddad is a highly trained dentist in Oxnard, CA, offering comprehensive, quality treatment to patients who have experienced teeth grinding (bruxism). Continuous teeth grinding can cause immense damage to the teeth and often produce painful symptoms. Teeth grinding can be caused by stress and usually occurs during sleep. Teeth grinding can even be caused by sleep apnea or a bite disorder. Dr. Haddad of Beach Cities Dental Group is one of the leading pioneer dentist treating and diagnosing signs of sleep apnea.
During a consultation, Dr. Haddad will exam your teeth to check for any excessive signs of teeth grinding. If left untreated, teeth grinding can lead to cracked, chipped, or missing teeth. Extreme causes of teeth grinding can even cause TMD.
Teeth Grinding Treatment Options in Oxnard, CA
Teeth grinding can cause wear and tear on the teeth over the years, leaving them more prone to decay and cavities. Most patients are unaware that they grind their teeth at night. However, they may experience symptoms like:
- Tight feeling in the jaw muscles
- Clicking or popping sound in the temporomandibular joint
- Constant facial pain
- Headaches, especially in the morning
- Chipped or fractured teeth
Dr. Haddad has extensive training in treating and diagnosing Sleep Apnea, TMD, and TMD-related symptoms. We will develop a detailed plan based on the severity of your symptoms. We offer treatments like:
- Mouth guard or nightguards are used to prevent the teeth from grinding. Dr. Haddad can create custom made mouth guards to help reposition the jaw and stop teeth grinding.
- Restorative Dentistry may be necessary depending on the severity of the damage from teeth grinding. We offer a full range of restorative dentistry options to help restore your smile.
Dr. Haddad may use a variety of treatments to help stop your teeth grinding. Dr. Haddad works closely with patients to find a treatment that fits into their lifestyle, as well as effectively treat their dental concerns.
Schedule A Consultaion
Dr. Georgia Haddad is a respected Oxnard, CA dentist dedicated to providing the excellent care to her patients. If you are looking for an experienced dentist in Oxnard, CA, schedule an appointment online or call us.